Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Green Beans with Bell Pepper

As I was browsing the prepared food section at Whole Foods, I saw green beans that looked delicious - and at this point in time, I had not particularly cared for green beans. So after a brief chat with the lady behind the counter, I decided to try to create these on my own. This recipe is very simple and only takes about 15 minutes to prepare.

Grocery List:
1 bag of frozen haricot verts (green beans)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 clove of garlic
olive oil

Additional Needs:
Cutting board
Sharp knife
Skillet

Set your bag of green beans on the counter and begin to thaw. Take your tri-colored bell peppers and chop them up into small pieces. The amount I used for 4 servings were about 1/2 of each bell pepper. Next mince up 1 clove of garlic.

Take your skillet and add a dash of olive oil, set on medium-high heat. Cook the garlic until fragrant, then add the green beans, followed by the bell peppers. Add more olive oil if needed to help the green beans cook.










Once the green beans are soft, you are ready to serve. If you would like, add slivered almonds as a garnish over top!

I served these green beans with my aforementioned mashed potatoes and a pineapple-teryaki pork tenderloin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly