Sunday, June 24, 2012

Meal Planning

This is the first week in a long time that we will be able to cook each night this week! Today as I browsed through recipe inspiration outlets, I tried to focus on same-ingredient meals to help with the grocery budget. I used my Monday meal as the basis, having already planned to take this dish to friends of ours with a new baby, then pieced the rest of the days together surrounding that dish. I looked for other recipes that would use bell peppers, tomato sauce, onions, zucchini, fresh herbs, and corn. Here's what will be cooking in my kitchen this week!

Sunday: Summer Veggie Casserole and Grilled Salmon
Monday: Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas with Mexi-Texi Salad
Tuesday: Braised Chicken
Wednesday: Blue Cheese and Pear Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (this is the one dish that breaks the stipulation of the rest)
Thursday: Shrimp Cobb Salad

Most of these recipes will be adapted from the Cooking Light, Best Low-Fat Main Dishes magazine, all under 500 calories per meal, with low grams of fat and carbs. Hope you have had a wonderful weekend foodie friends, I'm off to the grocery store with Mr. Max and our list. This is one of our favorite parts of Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly