Monday, October 10, 2011

Goat Cheese Chicken Tenders


This recipe was an improvisation based on what one may call an "oopsie" - sometimes mistakes can be so delicious. I had it planned to make a cranberry couscous and serve with our favorite goat cheese stuffed chicken that I hadn't made in a while. However, the chicken I bought last week had gone bad but I had not realized this until I was already home from the store and had started the other parts of dinner. With Mr. Max on his way over, a simple call and he was re-directed to the store to pick up chicken cutlets.

Alas, sweet Mr. Max thought chicken cutlets were the same chicken tenders so instead of ending up with butterflied chicken to work with, I had eight strips of chicken. And we laughed. While I cringed inside. My Type-A mood left me once the right-brain started to pump a little creativity into the situation. I took a look at what I had and decided I could jazz up these chicken tenders with ingredients I had already planned to use, as well as a few things from the pantry.

Grocery List:
  • 1 lb. chicken tenders (about 8 strips)
  • Choice of herbs (I used Herbs de Provence)
  • 4 oz. herbed goat cheese
  • 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • Balsamic glaze (bottled and stored on the same aisle as oils and vinegars)
Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees and spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the tenders with your herbs of choice and then using a knife, spread your goat cheese over the top of the chicken tender.

Pour the breadcrumbs into a large bowl then gently coat your chicken tender on each side.

Place in a baking dish and repeat until all tenders are finished.

Bake on 400 degrees for 12 minutes, then turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes, until breadcrumbs are browned and the goat cheese is bubbling.

Remove from oven and drizzle with a balsamic glaze to complete the dish!
Served with cranberry couscous and haricot verts



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly