Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Year in Review

Foodie friends,

I hope you have been having a very enjoyable holiday season with your friends and family! My kitchen welcomed some highly anticipated new arrivals from Santa including an 11-cup food processor, chef's saute pan and some helpful gadgets I look forward to using. It is that time of year where we begin to reflect on what the past twelve months have brought us. There is so much to be grateful for, appreciate, and motivate us for the upcoming year. It has been a very busy two months and I regret the lack of recipe creativity. Unfortunately my most recent meals for December are captured on my camera that has a dead battery and I haven't been able to charge it. There are some great dishes including garlic-Parmesan veggie ribbons, roasted tomatoes and asparagus with balsamic glace, broiled salmon in an white wine and herb sauce, butternut squash polenta, and truffle mashed potatoes. I promise these posts for next year!

Last year Mr. Max and I went through and chose our favorite meals from each month for an end-of-year recap in 2010. This year, I'm going to allow the reader stats from my 2011 posts dictate the top ten favorites. For any blogger, it is always interesting for us to see what posts garner the most activity: where your traffic sources come from, what google search terms land people on your blog and what seems to be the most popular thing people look at. Therefore, here are the readers most-read posts of 2011!

Top 10 Favorite Meals of 2011

 
Bacon wrapped beef tenderloin with a madeira sauce - the meal that we welcomed 2011 with!

Buttermilk Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes - that pot roast was simply divine as well!

 
Chicken Spaghetti - Made in both a pasta version and a spaghetti squash version for the carb-consciousand packed with delicious veggies

 
Gnocchi Mac n Cheese - Such a fun cooking experience with delicious results!

 
Cilantro Lime Chicken - Included a tasty avocado salsa and saffron rice to compliment the chicken

 
Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas - One of my favorites, glad this was a reader favorite as well!

 
Chimichurri Salmon and Black Bean Succotash - Inspired by my birthday trip to New Orleans,
Emeril's NOLA Restaurant menu item. I've used this chimichurri on several dishes since!

 
Caprese Salad - Loved the preparatory addition of grilling the heirlooms!

 
Lasagna Roll Ups  - A delicious method to create lasagna at your control

 
Cider Ginger Brisket - Such a favorite of this fall season, a no-hassle dish that is perfect comfort in colder weather, and doesn't break the waistband!


Thanks for following throughout this year, I am looking forward to sharing more new recipes in 2012. Wishing you all a very happy and safe new year!
Tastefully Yours,

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad our gnocchi cooking experience was a fan favorite!! I cannot wait for the Austin weekend-cook-a-thon blog post! We need to get that one on the calendar ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly