Monday, March 14, 2011

Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower

After some encouragement, I decided to give this mashed cauliflower thing another shot. To ease into it again, I found this recipe in a Cuisine Lite magazine. We use a little bit of potato, a little bit of cauliflower, some buttermilk, some chives, it's good stuff. I have to say, this was hard to differentiate from the all-potato version I typically make. This has our stamp of approval and tasted perfect with the roast. The nutritional facts include 135 calories, 6g total fat, 19g carbs, 3g protein and 39mg calcium per serving.

Grocery List:
  • 3 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 cups cauliflower florets
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • Chopped chives
Boil potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in a pot until tender when pierced, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and return vegetables to the pot. Add the butter, buttermilk, garlic salt and chopped chives.


Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth. Served with pot roast.

4 comments:

  1. They look wonderful plus delicious. I am going to fix them on Sunday with my pork tenderloin. I bet everyone will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great looking and healthy recipe. Will let you know how they turn out... I can't wait to try them on the family...yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! Let me know about your results, do you taste the difference or notice it in the consistency?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm they look amazing gotta try xxxxxpauline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly