Thursday, March 17, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Asparagus and Gouda Stuffed Chicken

I chose this dish as my first Throwback Thursday recipe because at the time I first conceived it into the blog world, I didn't have a camera at my disposal. I wanted to re-do it because while it was quite tasty, more importantly, now I can make it complete with my step-by-step as I like to do. You can go here for the initial post with ingredients.

This time, I used chicken cutlets, which are already much thinner pieces of chicken rather than pounding down a chicken breast. I prefer to use organic cutlets whenever I make chicken because it contains less meat so you don't over eat!

Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees. Combine the mayo, dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Whisk well...
Using a pastry brush, lightly spread a little of your mayo concoction on one side of your chicken. Add slices of the cheese, followed by 4-6 spears of asparagus.
I did each chicken breast differently. The first one, I rolled tight and secured with toothpicks. This second one (Mr. Max's) I stuffed with more and folded the chicken cutlet over, securing with toothpicks.
Using you handy pastry brush again, slather that top with the mayo mixture. Get it good.
Sprinkle and press lightly to adhere the panko breadcrumbs on top.
Spray an oven-safe dish with cooking spray and add your stuffed chicken. Pop in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until cooked through. The breadcrumbs will be nice and browned.
Cheeeeeeesy, gooooooooey goodness.
Slice in half to see your pretty asparagus and Gouda chicken! Served with a mixed green salad and a roasted garlic pearl couscous (box version).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly