Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Watermelon Margaritas


My first beverage post, ta-da! (and cue a southern curtsy)

For our August supper club, our little "family" chose to make a fajita feast at Betsy's new house for our August get-together. We always look forward to the time to talk, celebrate, laugh and cook together each month. I would like to take a quick side note to tell you of my recent phenomenal discovery during this family dinner... let me start by asking, have you seen The Help yet? There's a part where Skeeter is asking Abilene about the letters for her Miss Myrna column. The question is, "how do I keep my eyes from tearing up when I cut onions," Abilene responds, "put a match stick between your lips." So, as we were all in the kitchen cooking our fajita feast, I decided to try this as I went to town on a huge, juicy onion and... IT WORKED! No tears or the slightest sting to my eyeballs, all because a little wooden, unlit match sticking out of my mouth. So there you go, tried and true advice from me to you, compliments of The Help.

Now, back to this margarita. I recently picked up the new issue of Cooking Light's Super, Fresh and Simple Meals. While perusing, I couldn't help my intrigue of the tasty libations featured, including this delicious little Watermelon Margarita. This frothy treat is 105 calories and it was a hit! Additional nutritional facts include 0.2g fat, 0.6g protein, 14.1g carbs, 7mg calcium per glass.

Grocery List:
  • 3 1/2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
  • 1/2 cup tequila
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 tbsp. Triple Sec
  • 3 cups crushed ice
Ready for how easy this is? Combine all of your ingredients in a blender and process until ice is nicely crushed into a smooth consistency. Fill a glass, garnish with a lime and you have yourself a delicious watermelon margarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly