Monday, November 8, 2010

Meal Planning and a Personal Cause

Hello foodie faithfuls! I'm really excited for this week's line up of delicious meals. As mentioned in an earlier post, I had received requests from friends on new soups and stews - "winter foods" now that it has been cold for 1 week.

I also have a personal cause I ask for your support in. Working in the non-profit world, I've learned that support can come from anywhere. There is always a person out there with a close link to the cause you are working for. I'm working to raise money right now for a campaign called A Little Goes a Long Way, to help raise needed funds for Children's Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. This campaign is for the young professionals organization, "The One" Society, that I had the privilege of starting this year to benefit the hospital. We are working to show that a little donation can add up to make one big difference. Just $5 can provide a toy to the prize closet in the where kids can pick out something fun or cuddly after their treatments; $15 buys one-weeks worth of foam clown noses for the Funnyatric clown program; Multiple $25 donations add up to buy the red wagons that our patients ride in.

We have our check presentation on November 18 and are attempting to raise $50,000 for the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD) at Children's Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Please take a minute to read my story and if you have the ability or desire to support, I would be so grateful! http://netcommunity.childrens.com/netcommunity/kmckinley

I'm going to post this website on my blog until next Wednesday - if you have had a personal experience with Children's Medical Center or any other children's hospital, I would love to hear your story!

Thank you in advance for your support! Stay tuned this week for a spiced butternut squash soup with caramelized pear salad, a new and fun stuffed chicken recipe with homemade pesto pasta and a beef goulash stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly