Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best of 2010

As this year comes to a close, I decided to showcase my favorite recipes from each month as a tribute to my first year in the blog world. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time sharing and exchanging recipes since May of this year and I am greatly looking forward to all that I will try in 2011.

Favorite recipe from May, my debut recipe, the Halibut en Papillote. I have learned three important things from the America's Test Kitchen Cooking Light experimental recipe: I love halibut, I love quinoa and I love zucchini squash!


Other notable recipes, and all worthy of honorable mention titles that stemmed for trying this include the double broccoli quinoa, the parmesan zucchini and the pan-seared halibut with pesto butter. All of these made possible (and incredible) because I branched out of my comfort zone with the above winner.

Favorite from June would have to be the San Antonio Style Goat Cheese Enchiladas. This was my first time to attempt enchiladas and work with food the way the recipe called for. This was back in the day when my camera didn't work and I only had Mr. Max's iPhone. I need to make this again soon so I can a) enjoy this wonderful dish and b) take new pictures!


Favorite for July would have to be the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I boldly wrote that they were better than Pei Wei and I stand behind that testimony.


My favorite for August was a toss up because I really loved the hatch chili recipes, but the Summer Stirfry takes the prize! It reminded me of the delicious chicken curry that has been a Max Man favorite, but with a light and sweet taste perfect for summer.


Favorite September recipe was probably the appetizer Chicken Bruschetta that I took and adapted to really make into my own.


Favorite October recipe was very difficult - I really loved all of the meals we made, however, Pioneer Woman's Pasta a la Vodka wins for this month. As for anything PW, this was incredible and completed my long-awaited attempt at a homemade vodka sauce.


I thought October was tough, November had to be my favorite month of recipes. From the tortilla soup and butternut squash soup that inspired me to expand my appliance family to welcome the immersion blender, to the wonderful Thanksgiving offerings like the buttermilk chess pie and gorgonzola fried onion potatoes, it was a delicious month that's for sure! (See what I did there?) I think the Beef Goulash will be my absolute favorite though, if only choosing one. Perfect for the fall, an incredible tasting stew using sweet red wine and paprika.


Last but not least, my favorite for the month of December, which has to be the meal made of the Butternut Squash Risotto and the Spiced Pork Agrodolce - a symphony of flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly