Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Favorite Soups

The cold air is finally settling in around these parts. Some of you may be used to or already sick of winter weather by now, but where I'm sitting, it's just beginning. Born and raised in Dallas, I've never been much of a cold weather person. It's fun on days 1 and 2, then I tolerate it for about another 3 days before I grow annoyed of it. If there is rain in there that is not snow, I then hate the cold weather. Right now, I'm going to enjoy it with some cold weather favorites, snuggled up in blankets and have fires in my fireplace. Here are a few delicious and nutritious, go-to soup recipes for cold weather days, tried and true from me to you!

 
Who doesn't love a good Tomato Basil Soup? This recipe keeps it simple with a grocery list that allows you to stay in the 10 and under lane.


 
With the cold can come some sniffles. Clear that nose and warm right up with this 
Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup. To cut down on the prep time, both Whole Foods and 
Central Market have a section of pre-chopped produce. You can get your peppers and 
onions taken care of there to save you some time.


 
A Giada DiLaurentiis classic, this is still my all-time favorite Tortilla Soup!


Tastefully Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly