Sunday, February 27, 2011

Academy Awards Tapas Party


The event planner part of me has always wanted to host an annual Oscar party - red carpet entrance, faux grammy banner for fun pictures, ballots to cast guest votes for who will win each category, fashion police, glamorous drinks and decadent food. Some day. One day. Sigh.

Sadly, my little working-girl, nugget of an apartment just doesn't provide the right hosting space so for now, this girl's got her dream. As I sit here thinking about a dinner for this evening, I decided to pretend my Oscar party was in short reach and make up a fun menu of various tapas for Mr. Max and myself.

I've wanted to try an array of tapas such as spanish meatballs, spanakopita, baked zucchini sticks, skewers of various meats and cheeses, etc. I've searched for some base recipes and created a fun little tapas menu for two. One of these days it'll be a party tradition, I look forward to that.

Stay tuned for the end result and a post for a dual-sauce gnocchi (low cal gorgonzola "cream" sauce and a fiery homemade tomato arrabiata sauce) from earlier this week. I can't find my battery charger for my camera so we have a bit of a hold up, that is today's mission!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I hope it goes well! :-)

    Who do you hope wins? I'm so out of touch with films these days except for Disney and kids movies, LOL! Oh well, I hope to catch up more now that we got Netflix a month ago.

    Cheers! Enjoy the tapas!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy, I was hoping for Black Swan or The Social Network to win across the board, The King's Speech just doesn't interest me at all. I ended up with mini-meatballs, spanakopita, chicken caprese sliders, and garlic lemon shrimp skewers. Can't wait to post them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be back! This is my first visit to your blog and I really like the food and recipes you feature for your readers. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly