Monday, April 18, 2011

Maple-Lemon Glazed Salmon


This may just be my new favorite salmon! Tonight's dinner was the perfect week night meal: easy, under 30 minutes to prepare, few ingredients, delicious AND nutritious. Recipe and meal pairing credit goes to Cooking Light's Quick and Easy Low Calorie Recipes, an all new recipe-only edition on stands now, people - I am looking forward to several of the little gems I've uncovered in there. So I'm going to pretend I know what you are thinking now (ok, I'm going to insert the thought I know that I was thinking)... maple and lemon? That's not exactly a combination that I would assemble taste-wise. This is the type of thing that has come to intrigue me about trying several different recipes. I'm telling you, it pairs beautifully, err, deliciously!

This salmon dish contains 287 calories, 14g fat, 31g protein, 7.5g carbs, 80mg cholesterol, and 23mg calcium per serving.

Grocery List:
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. canola oil
  • 2 skinless salmon fillets
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Let's start by pre-heating your boiler. Next, combine the lemon juice, maple syrup, cider vinegar, and canola oil in a bowl and mix well.

Next, take a ziploc bag and place your fish inside followed by the marinade. Refrigerate for 5 minutes, flip the bag and refrigerate for another 5 minutes.

Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving the marinade in a bowl. Place the marinade in the microwave for 1 minute on high to thicken. Meanwhile, heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper. Coat your skillet with cooking spray and add the fish; cook for 3 minutes, then flip carefully to keep from breaking apart. Before you flip, coat well with marinade.

After cooking the other side of the fillet, coat again and put your oven-safe skillet in the oven to broil for about 3 minutes or until desired degree of "done-ness". Remove carefully and you are ready to serve! Pictured above with a delicious tomato-feta couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly