Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meal Planning

What a weekend! Mr. Max and I went down to Florida to experience an Indian wedding for one of his friend's from home. The food was definitely interesting, but what a kind and hospitable culture - very helpful as we tried to understand the customs and rituals of the weekend.

Here are just a few pictures to share...
 Mr. Max and myself with the groom riding in on the ceremonial horse behind us

 A sampling of the food....

Inside the wedding ceremony

After the last few days, I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of cooking and consuming more familiar foods! Last week at the store, I picked up the new Cooking Light all recipe magazine edition. This week the lineup will consist of three meals from this new recipe source.

Monday: Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze and a Tomato-Feta Couscous

Tuesday: Teriyaki Pork and Pineapple skewers with stir fry rice

Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner! A goat cheese omelet with sauteed vegetables, think bell peppers and zucchini

Thursday: Undecided, most likely a dinner out because it is an event night

Friday: We will have another cooking school date night at Central Market for an American Steakhouse theme where we will cook a menu of a classic chop salad, beef fillet, lobster mac n' cheese (which I will be morally obligated to pass on because I will be shy just 30ish hours from the end of Lenten season, yet foodie-faithfully tempted to at least try), onion rings, roasted broccoli and mushrooms, and finally Kentucky Almond-Bourbon cheesecake.

Saturday I'm going to help my mom prepare for Easter brunch with the family on Sunday! I know a ginger-cider brisket is in the works but I'll be working on the rest of the menu this week.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you guys are a beautiful couple! Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly