Thursday, April 7, 2011

Roasted Marinated Peppers


I saw this colorful side dish in my Cuisine Lite magazine and decided it was one that I wanted to try. Now. So I picked a poached halibut recipe to pair it with and went to work in my kitchen on Tuesday night. This is an authentic Greek specialty, according to this magazine. I personally love bell peppers, especially the orange and yellow because they are sweeter - these peppers mixed with the red wine vinegar and oil drizzle then finishing off with garlic, it was a perfect side that got both the female and male stamp of approval.

Nutritional facts include 37 calories, 2g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 4g carbs, 1g protein, 4mg iron and 8mg calcium.

Grocery List:
  • 2 bell peppers (I did 1 red and 1 orange, they were out of yellow or would have had that as a third)
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • Garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place peppers on a baking sheet or oven safe dish and roast in the oven for one hour or until skins turn brown, peppers soften. Remove from oven and let cool until they can be handled.





Rmove and discard the pepper stems and gently peel the roasted skins, being careful not to tear the pepper. Cut peppers in half, discard the seeds and membranes. I then halved each half because I wanted to.

Arrange the peppers on a platter - alternating colors to make it aesthetically pleasing - then drizzle the oil and vinegar combo over your beautiful peppers, sprinkling with garlic powder.

Let the peppers marinate for at least 30 minutes and you are ready to serve!
with poached halibut and wilted spinach


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly