Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

This tasty treat comes from the Cooking Light Holiday Specials magazine. The original recipe was made with polenta but I decided to try mashed cauliflower instead, saving polenta for an upcoming recipe. The pork was sweet and tender, a great new (and simple!) recipe to add into the rotation.

Meal comes in at 308 calories, 9.1g fat, 15.7g protein, 19.2g carbs, 2.4g fiber, 218mg calcium.

Grocery List:
  • 1 lb. pork tenderloin
  • 6 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Watch carefully because you don't want it to reduce by too much.

You can use a grill, skillet or your long lost griddle pan that you have been neglecting. And by you, I mean me. Hello old friend, it's good to see you. Spray your surface and heat it up. Combine the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper then add it to your balsamic glaze, stirring well.

I stabbed my tenderloin then sprinkled with a little meat tenderizer since I wasn't cutting into medallions and would be cooking it whole. In a large bowl, cover your tenderloin in the balsamic/rosemary glaze concoction, then throw it on the grill. Cook on medium heat, turning down a little lower if you are busy cooking other things to prevent the meat from getting to dry. I later covered it with a large skillet top to help cook more evenly, on a lower heat while I prepared my other foods.


Once cooked through, slice and serve! Dished out over top mashed cauliflower and wilted kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly