Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sundried Tomato and Garlic Whipped Potatoes

For every Easter brunch, the chef at my parent's country club always prepares sundried tomato mashed potatoes. I've googled recipes for this but to no avail, until I came across it in my Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook. I have to say, my attempt at them were not as good as I have had, they were fun to try for our New Year's Eve dinner. This recipe contains 183 calories, 3g of fat, 4.6g protein, 35.9g carbs, 74 mg calcium.

Grocery List:
5 Yukon gold potatoes
1/4 cup dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
4 large garlic cloves
1 1/2 cus reduced fat milk (I used 1%)
2 tablespoons light butter
Salt and pepper

Start by peeling and chopping your potatoes. I received this amazing over the sink cutting board with expanding colander from Mr. Max's family for Christmas!! It was perfect for my chopping preparation.


Once potatoes are chopped into small cubes, add to pot of water and boil until soft to mash. Once soft, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, take your drained dried tomatoes and garlic cloves, pulse in a food processor until finely minced.


Combine the milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Partially cover with heavy plastic wrap and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes until butter is melted. Combine potatoes, warm milk/butter, salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.


Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until potatoes are fluffy.


Gently stir in dried tomatoes and garlic.




The full meal with balsamic beans and beef tenderloin with Madeira sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print Friendly